Information Clause of the data controller of your personal data
- Student/ doctoral student/ post-diploma student/ candidate
According to the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation, thereafter known as RODO (Journal of Laws EU 2016, No 119, pos. 1 as amended) we inform that lawfulness of the processing is being fulfilled by the conditions stipulated in art. 6 item 1, letter b) of RODO (necessary for the performance of a contract), art 6 item 1 letter c) of RODO (legal obligation to which the controller is subject) or art. 6 item 1 letter f) of RODO (legitimate interests pursued by the controller) also that:
1. Data controller of your personal data, mentioned in point 4 is the University of Economics in Katowice, located at 1 Maja 50, 40-287 Katowice, thereafter known as “data controller”
2. Data controller appointed data protection inspector overseeing correctness of the personal data processing who shall be contacted by e-mail address” email@example.com
3. Processed will be personal data belonging to the following categories of people of the data controller: students/ doctoral students/ post-diploma students/ candidates.
4. Processed will be necessary personal data of the categories of people mentioned in point 3, stipulated in respective legislation in force such as: name (names), surname, signature, photograph, date and place of birth, PESEL number (in the event of its lack – name and number of the document confirming the identity and name of the country issuing the document), permanent address and correspondence address, place of residence prior to the commencement of the studies: countryside or city, telephone number, e-mail address, gender, citizenship, for foreigners also the name of the country of birth and information on possession of Karta Polaka, personal data required for a personal file, information on education, profession performed, professional status and other documents required for achieving objectives indicated in point 6, additionally - in the event of a person described in point 3 shall apply for additional benefits – personal data necessary for application process (particularly on family and property status) – according to the appropriate legislation in force.
5. Submitting personal data in the range determined by legislation in force is obligatory and necessary to achieve objectives determined in point 6, for other reasons submitting personal data is voluntarily whereas refusing to submit specific data may result in failure to meet the objectives concerned.
6. Your personal data mentioned in point 4 will be processed among others: for recruitment procedure for studies/classes, for documenting studies/classes, for pursuing educational process, for determining and disbursing potential benefits (particularly rewards and scholarships), for fulfilling information, archive and statistical responsibilities by the data controller, for direct contact, for performing other activities related to the objectives concerned (including informing on entrance and participation in studies/classes, issuing invitations and information on current events to their participants), for protection of the data controller interests (including potential redress occurring with regards to the objectives concerned or for protection against such redress) and for conducting documentation required by law.
7. Possessing by the data controller your personal data, mentioned in point 4, is a requirement resulting from legislation and from achieving objectives mentioned in point 6.
8. It is not expected to process your personal data, mentioned in point 4, for other goals than the goal the data has been collected, according to point 6.
9. The receivers of your personal data, mentioned in point 4, is authorised administration staff and entities processing personal data on behalf of the data controller and entities authorised for receiving personal data based on legislation in force.
10. Your personal data, mentioned in point 4, will be processed and kept until the legal responsibility resulting from legislation expires which is for the time necessary to achieve objectives mentioned in point 6 and for the time determined by legislation for potential redress.
11. You have the right to access the content of your personal data mentioned in point 4 and the right to: correct, remove (if legally acceptable), restrict processing, transfer and raise objection, also withdraw consent for processing at any time with no impact on lawfulness of processing if the legal ground for personal data processing is giving consent by the person concerned.
12. You have the right to appeal to the supervising organ which is the President of the Personal Data Protection Office when you regard that processing your personal data mentioned in point 4, violates RODO.
13. Your personal data, mentioned in point 4, will not be processed automatically, neither in the form of profiling.
14. Your personal data, mentioned in point 4, shall not be transferred to a third party/ international organisation unless it is not required by legal responsibilities of the data controller.